Purpose: Non-invasive way to compute body fat by running an electrical current through the body.
Equipment: BIA device.
Procedure: For the most accurate reading please follow the following guidelines:
- No consumption of food or beverage within 4 hours of test
- No exercise with in 12 hours of test
- Expel any excess liquid 30 minutes prior testing (urine)
- Alcohol consumption not permitted within 48 hours of testing
- No diuretics with in a week before the test unless noted by practitioner
- No caffeine prior to testing