Purpose: The broad jump assessment is a closed chain movement that correlates with total lower body maximal power.
Equipment: Tape measure
- Instruct the client to stand behind a line marked on the ground.
- He or she should assume an athletic position with a strong base of support.
- Be sure to communicate that a takeoff and landing with both feet is used, and the participant can swing his or her arms to provide additional forward momentum.
- The client attempts to jump as far as possible, landing on both feet without falling backward or forward.
- The best of three attempts is recorded.