Purpose: The vertical jump assessment is a closed chain movement that correlates with total lower body maximal power.
Equipment: Wall measurement or Vertec
- Instruct the client to stand next to a wall and extend the hand closest to the wall (or Vertec), the point of the fingertips is marked (standing reach height).
- Keeping feet shoulder width apart and flat on the ground, he or she will jump vertically as high as possible using arms and legs to assist in moving their body upward.
- The client must touch the wall at the highest point of the jump.
- The difference in distance between the final jump height and standing reach height.
- The best of three attempts is recorded.