Purpose: A measure of all body circumferences as well as inputs for Body Girth and Waist to Hip Ratio.
Equipment: Measuring tape
Procedure: (use measuring tape to measure the following)
- Neck: circumference around the neck at a point below the larynx and perpendicular to the long axis of the neck.
- Shoulder: circumference around both left and right deltoid muscles and upper torso.
- Chest: measurement taken with arms straight at sides, tape should pass under arms around back and after complete expiration.
- Waist: one inch above the navel or smallest circumference below the rib cage after complete expiration.
- Hip: largest circumference around the gluteal muscles with subjects heels together.
- Bicep: largest circumference around midpoint between the elbow and shoulder with arm extended in front of body and palm supinated
- Forearm: largest circumference around forearm with arm extended in front of body and palm supinated
- Thigh: largest circumference around the upper thigh below the gluteal fold.
- Calf: largest circumference around calf, generally the midpoint between ankle and knee.