Purpose: Detect observable muscular deviations related to overactive and underactive skeletal muscle.
Equipment: None. Reference photos are available on TrainerMetrics.
- Participant begins assessment screen with feet shoulder width apart and arms fully extended bisecting ears, (shoes off and eyes closed is optional).
- He or she then begins to flex knees and hips so their body moves into a squat like motion with arms remaining overhead.
- It is most effective for the practitioner instruct the participant to allow 4 seconds for both phases of the squat.
- Continue having the participant squat until the anterior, lateral, and posterior views have been assessed.
- Mark checkpoints that are deviated along the kinetic chain.